Friday, November 09, 2007

Haggling

Today was thrifting day. Every Friday my Jaybird is at school and my Toot is at a homeschool co-op. It's just Lydie and me. So off we go to see what deals are awaiting us. It is so much fun! Today, Lydie actually stayed home with Daddy because he took a day off of work, and I went out alone. This ebay selling is so exciting so far! I guess this fun will wear off with time. But I love the challenge of finding a good deal. As uncomfortable as it can be, I am learning to love a good haggle. Today was my best haggling yet. Here's what happened.
I found this lovely chandelier at the back of a sweet's lady sale. She claims that it is Pottery Barn and asked $15. I haggled her, albeit politely, down to $10. I was quite pleased with my purchase. But even more so when I asked her about shades and she ran in and brought me these black and cream toile, free of charge! As I was about to leave she saw me looking at this sweet little rocking chair.Funny, I actually have been wanting one for the baby. She loves to rock. And I had wondered if God could just drop one out of the sky. Lo and behold, He did! She insisted that I take the rocking chair for free. I left there one happy, thrifty Mommy. After a few Gymboree sweaters, Pottery Barn curtain rods, a Gymboree dress, a pitcher and some sewing material (and a belly full of coffee) I found my $20 gone and my car full. So much fun!

3 comments:

Hyperactive Lu said...

Love your deals! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! beautiful stuff. Love those deals!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

You go girl!! Way to shop and not spend a lot!! How's ebay going??